2014/02/09

Brief History of Graphics Devices

Another year has come. It's already February, and I haven't made any New Year's resolution. Actually, my last post was my New Year's thought for 2013, made in late January.
Over the holidays, I was tinkering over the question of what drives the evolution of computer architecture. There are innovations occurring in various areas, but some technology turns into mainstream, some do not stick. I spent some time doing random searches on the web, and decided I should organize my understanding.
Here's my slide on slideshare. I went through a very coarse sampling of some devices. Looked into their architecture and specs, but I tried hard not get caught in the details, as I wanted to show the big picture.
All information was collected from Googling and Wikipedia. Images are from Wikipedia otherwise noted.

0 comments: